- 5.85m hull (built 1997) with single console and pod seating for 3 persons
- A-frame with navigation lights and radar reflector
- Primary engine: Mariner 115hp outboard; auxiliary: Mariner 3.3hp stowed outboard
- Under-deck fuel tank (90 lt)
- Fixed and hand-held VHF radios
- GPS and steering compass
- Life raft (8 person) and all MCA required safety equipment
Pelorus is based in the London Docklands and has a normal operational area from the upper limit of the tidal Thames to a downstream limit of PLA jurisdiction (approx. 00º57'E). Additionally, MCA category 3 coding allows the vessel to be operated offshore, day and night, up 20 miles from a safe haven.
The boat is trailer-mobile; we can trail to any UK location.
To note: our boat is insured for, and therefore available for skippered charter only.
Our skippers have a wide experience of temperate, tropical and polar operations; are familiar with the river Thames and are qualified commercial divers. They have provided consultancy, training, media support, logistical support of marine operations to agencies including Channel 4, Sky News, regional BBC, a variety of newspapers and magazines, Greenpeace UK, British Antarctic Survey.
All of our skippers hold: (i) MCA commercially endorsed RYA advanced powerboat certificate, (ii) SRC VHF licence, (iii) HSE First-Aid at work certificate.